Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dropbox: Sync your files across multiple computers



If you have more than one computer or laptop, Dropbox can help you sync your files across the devices with the help of cloud technology or the internet. Learn How.




Drop box is a software that syncs your files online and across your devices or computers. There will be a folder called 'My Dropbox' on your Documents folder and every time you put your files in this folder, it will be synchronized with your other computers that also have Dropbox installed and with the same Dropbox account.

Your files are uploaded to the Dropbox server so you have secure backup storage thus if your main hard drive failed, you can there is still a copy of your files and you can retrieve it by installing Dropbox to your new drive. The service is free but you can only have 2GB online storage but if your willing to pay, you get more, 10GB.

I have Dropbox installed on my laptop and my sister's laptop. Every time she wants some MP3s or files, I just drop the files in the 'My Dropbox' folder and she'll automatically receive the files. I don't need to attach the files in my email account anymore, or send the files through IM. What I only need to do isdrop it in my dropbox. Try it now, it's free and secure.

(Don't share your dropbox account and password with anyone unless you want them to receive your files also.)

Download Dropbox
Visit Dropbox official page
blog comments powered by Disqus

site counter

Welcome to techiesnitch

Welcome! Techiesnitch is a place for technical information and technical guides! It should help you with your IT related stuffs.

Subscribe to Posts via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Poll of the Week

Site Sponsors

Online Advertising